Zoltan C. Toth
Zoltan is Principal Spark Instructor at Databricks. He's been delivering Databricks and Spark classes for over 3 years and he is one of the contributors to Databricks' Machine Learning curriculum. Besides working with Databricks, he is CTO of datapao.com and a professor at the Central European University. Earlier he built and later lead the team that managed a petabyte-scale data infrastructure at Prezi.com. Before joining Databricks he worked on RapidMiner's Spark integration projects.
Hands on Deep Learning with Keras, Tensorflow, and Apache Spark™ (Official Databricks Workshop)
This course is aimed at the practitioner data scientist who is eager to get started with deep learning, as well as software engineers and technical managers interested in a thorough, hands-on overview of deep learning and its integration with Apache Spark.
The course covers the fundamentals of neural networks and how to build distributed Tensorflow models on top of Spark DataFrames. Throughout the class, you will use Keras, Tensorflow, Deep Learning Pipelines, and Horovod to build and tune models. This course is taught entirely in Python.
Each topic includes lecture content along with hands-on labs in the Databricks notebook environment.
- Build a neural network with Keras
- Explain the difference between various activation functions and optimizers
- Track experiments with MLflow
- Apply models at scale with Deep Learning Pipelines
- Perform transfer learning
- Build distributed Tensorflow models with Horovod
- Intro to Neural Networks with Keras
- Neural network architectures
- Activation functions
- Evaluation metrics
- Batch sizes, epochs, etc.
- Reproducible ML/DL
- Convolutional Neural Networks
- Batch Normalization
- Max Pooling
- ImageNet Architectures
- Deep Learning Pipelines
- Model inference at scale
- Distributed Tensorflow training
- Ring-All Reduce